The Rural Health Medical Program, Incorporated believes that our communities are the best places to live, work, and pursue individual, family, and community aspirations.
In 1977, the Rural Health Medical Program Incorporated (RHMPI) was established in Uniontown, Alabama. What started as one (1) Community Health Center within a Public Housing Authority providing Primary Health Care and Dental services to the entire community of Uniontown, Alabama, has since grown from one (1) site with ten (10) employees over the past forty (40) years to eight (8) Community Health Center sites and one (1) mobile clinic unit with over sixty (60) employees under the leadership of an exceptional Board of Leaders representing five counties (Dallas, Perry, Marengo, Monroe, and Wilcox) counties and a multi-talented, charismatic, intelligent Chief Executive Office, Keshee Dozier-Smith.
Serving as the Chief Executive Officer of the Rural Health Medical Program Incorporated, Mrs. Dozier-Smith has tremendously transformed and set this organization on the right path to effectively and efficiently operate beyond another 40 years. RHMPI has been a pillar of primary and preventative health care system across five (5) Black Belt Counties in the state of Alabama offering quality, cost effective, and easily accessible primary medical and specialty services to each community member regardless of their ability to pay with and without insurance.
It is our goal to continuously improve the number of patients served each year through increasing patient awareness and education through marketing and branding campaigns, strategic community engagement and partnerships, and by meeting each existing and future patient(s) where they are in their healthcare journey’s.
Over the past forty years we have cared for the needs of the families in our community, including members of our Board of Directors and members of our valued staff. We are grateful to have the opportunity to provide our services across our service area counties: (Dallas, Marengo, Monroe, Perry, and Wilcox) communities and we look forward to continuing this journey by becoming the, Provider of Choice.
To provide quality primary and preventative healthcare services while offering an exceptional customer experience at an affordable cost, throughout the Black Belt Region.
To create partnerships within our service area communities by providing healthcare access points through developing a team of administrative and medical professionals, offering an exceptional patient experience.
Our values reflect the things we deem necessary for success, the things that we want in our culture, and the things for which we want to be known:
- Accessibility – We believe that everyone deserves access to quality healthcare. Our healthcare center is accessible in how we communicate with our patients and how we interact with our community partners to provide access to affordable quality healthcare.
- Stewardship – We are committed to be good stewards of the resources afforded to our organization and we accept the challenge to provide quality and affordable health care to the communities we serve.
- Integrity – We treat all of our employees, patients and community partners with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle or interests.
- Accountability – We expect our staff members to deliver superior care and customer service to all patients. To achieve success, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of accountability to serve all patients with respect and integrity.
- Innovation – We strive to foster efficient, effective and creative ways to provide health education, wellness initiatives, and care management plans to all patients within the communities served.
- Collaboration – We believe teamwork and developing cooperative community partnerships is crucial to the continual education and awareness to provide efficient and quality healthcare to all patients.
- Quality of Service – We are committed to the highest quality in all of our services.
- Transparency – We believe that we must be transparent in our processes and decisions and accountable to those we serve.
- Evidence-Based Practices – We believe that data about real outcomes inform our practice, and
- Innovation – We strive to create a culture of creativity among our staff and encourage innovation in partnership with other organizations and within the community.