If you are eligible for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) or the Alabama Medicaid program, we can help you to enroll. We offer Certified Assistors who will meet with you one-on-one to determine if you are eligible for insurance and will even help you to fill out and submit your application if you qualify. To contact one of our Certified Assistors please send an email to Enablingservices@rhmpi.com.
Rural Health Medical Program, Inc. (RHMPI) staff can answer your questions about the Affordable Care Act and assist with selecting a health insurance plan that fits you and your family’s needs. Our team of Certified Insurance Navigators (CINs) is available to help you pick out the health insurance plan that works best for you and your family.
Call (844) 736-7629 to schedule an Insurance Enrollment (IE) appointment at any of our Health Center locations.
Preparing for your appointment, please review the document checklist and bring the required documents to your Insurance Enrollment appointment for one of our Certified Insurance Navigator to assess. The documents needed are also listed at the bottom of this page for your reference.
RHMPI Certified Insurance Navigator(s) assists our patients and non-patients with Health Insurance Enrollment and Renewals.
Our navigators are able to assist with selecting Health Plan options, explain eligibility, the enrollment process, program rules as well as to help our patients understand benefits that they may be eligible to receive.
Navigators can help people access and keep coverage through the Healthcare Exchange and facilitate enrollment in Qualified Health Plans and State Medical Coverage (Alabama Medicaid). Certified Insurance Navigators always assist in protecting confidentiality and ensuring privacy to all patients.
Checklist for the Health Insurance Marketplace
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD for everyone in your household: Alabama State I.D. for proof of identification. Documents to prove legal residence such as Passport and Visa I-94, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of Naturalization or Employment Verification Card.
- INCOME VERIFICATION INFORMATION: This may include tax statements, pay stubs or W-2 forms. Be sure to have this information for anyone in your house applying for coverage.
- CURRENT HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY NUMBER(S): If there are members of your family that already have health insurance, you will need to provide these policy numbers.
- PERSONAL E-MAIL ADDRESS: This will allow you to electronically track all of your healthcare insurance information, keep you connected with your provider, provide immediate access to your medical record once you sign up for our Patient Portal. If you do not have one we will be happy to assist you set one up.
- EMPLOYEE COVERAGE FORM: This is a government form to use if you have an insurance option through your employer or your spouse’s employer.